Re: SIM toolkit on UT product team decision

On 01.10.2015 14:22, Pat McGowan wrote:
On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 4:36 AM, sturmflut <sturmflut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning dear list,

I agree that SIM Tookit support is crucial for many countries. As far as
I know, ofono has a D-Bus API for it and the functionality is very
simple, so we might "just" have to build a simple, unconfined core app
that talks to ofono?

Yes one could do that. The app would only get notifications if it was
active but many menu functions could be implemented which could satisfy
most of the use cases.
https://github.com/rilmodem/ofono/blob/master/doc/stk-api.txt

Just one note: That the dbus API is there doesn't mean the backend for the RIL service is implement for this! I am pretty sure Alfonso or Tony can shed some light here how far this is or if it is even implemented.

regards,
Simon