Re: The problem with "no background processing for apps"

Just had a thought on these special cases in the terminal. I'm still not
liking the idea of giving a lifecycle exception to the terminal, as I
don't think it's needed for most use cases.

But, what if we had a special command that would run a command in the
background. In the same manner that the sudo command runs any command as
a different user, another command (e.g. runbg) could run any command as
an external background running command.
	Presumably this command would do something along the lines of forking
the process so that it is not owned by the terminal app and thus not
dependent on the terminal to keep running. I'm not sure how complex this
is to implement, any thoughts on whether this would be a viable
approach?