Re: Defining the form factor of an Ubuntu Touch device

W dniu 08.10.2015 o 11:54, Michael Zanetti pisze:
> Not sure if the Android layer is really the place to go. What happens
> when we run on an x86 based tablet which doesn't have the Android bits?
> Will that always have the DMI interface instead?

I agree, we need to plan for not having Android around. IMO we should
have a device file shipped, as you said, in the device tarball, that
configures the device. The user should be able to easily override things
stored there (for development purposes or other).

There are more settings like that we'll need to store there, including
native device orientation (which, like today on flo, might be different
from hardware), default grid unit size, probably quirks relating to
available input devices (needed for usage mode switching). Class of
device would likely also be used wherever today we have "phone" as a string.

For a lot of those we might have fallbacks (like DMI for Bluetooth, DPI
for grid unit) if they're not found in device tarball or user override.

Priority should be:
- user override
- device tarball
- auto-detected fallback