Re: Defining the form factor of an Ubuntu Touch device

On 08.10.2015 12:16, Michał Sawicz wrote:
W dniu 08.10.2015 o 11:54, Michael Zanetti pisze:
Not sure if the Android layer is really the place to go. What happens
when we run on an x86 based tablet which doesn't have the Android bits?
Will that always have the DMI interface instead?

x86 based tablets should have the DMI interface.

I agree, we need to plan for not having Android around. IMO we should
have a device file shipped, as you said, in the device tarball, that
configures the device. The user should be able to easily override things
stored there (for development purposes or other).

Sounds good and it looks like we already have a file for this:

$ cat /etc/ubuntu-touch-session.d/android.conf
GRID_UNIT_PX=17
QTWEBKIT_DPR=2.0

So what about just extending this one which comes either from the device tarball (krillin, arale) or from the ubuntu-touch-session package (flo, mako)?

Priority should be:
- user override
- device tarball
- auto-detected fallback

Sure. Where a user override exists then this one should be applied first. In the case of the Bluetooth device class the user doesn't have any control over this.

regards,
Simon