Re: Defining the form factor of an Ubuntu Touch device

hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 08.10.2015, 11:54 +0200 schrieb Michael Zanetti:

> Not sure if the Android layer is really the place to go. What happens
> when we run on an x86 based tablet which doesn't have the Android bits?
> Will that always have the DMI interface instead?

note that the android layer is equivalent to "device tarball", the
question is: will installs using this feature exist in a non snappy/non
touch context, note that in the snappy world *all* installs have a
device tarball (or soon device/kernel snap) that will in context of
phones ship the android container and in context of non android devices
still ship all device specific bits ...

if we will ever only use a snappy or touch context, the device tarball
is the right place (though probably not actually an android property but
rather a simple text file we can bind mount into the rootfs, so we dont
have to manage special cases between android and non-android)...

if it will actually be installed out of snappy/touch context we will
definitely need some different way ...

ciao

	oli