Re: help with touchscreen configuration - gestures are not working

On 07/10/15 13:36, Pavel Andrejs wrote:
> Hi,
> first of all, please, let me know, if I am on a wrong mailing list.
> This page https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/porting-new-device/
> lead me here.
>
> To the problem - I noticed this error message
>
> DirectionalDragArea: recognition properties are wrongly set. Gesture
> recognition is impossible
>
> in unity8 log. I did some debugging a found that in
> unity8/plugins/Ubuntu/Gestures/DirectionalDragArea.cpp there is a
> method  DirectionalDragArea::itemChange which calls
> value.window->screen()->physicalDotsPerInch(). The last one returns a
> bad value. This leads to an inf value pixelsPerMm later and disables
> the gesture recognition. For now I solved this with a little hack - I
> hardcoded pixelsPerMm to 306 / 25.4. With this the gesture recognition
> works. I suppose I would eventually find the correct place for this
> value, but some of you may have it faster :-)

Hey Pavel,
the QScreen::physicalDotsPerInch() calculation requires an accurate
value for QScreen::physicalSize(). That is supplied via qtmir/qtubuntu
by Mir.

Mir tries to get this info from the hardware, but either the hardware
doesn't know/lies, or Mir has a bug in retrieving this information.

On your device, please run this command:
sudo MIR_SOCKET=/run/mir_socket mirout

Here is the output I get on my Nexus 7:
  Connected to server: <default>
  Card 0: Max 2 simultaneous outputs
  Output 0: Card 0, LVDS, connected, 1200x1920+0+0, used, on, 95mm x
151mm (7.0"), normal
      1200x1920     60.00*+
  Output 1: Card 0, DisplayPort, disconnected

where you see the physical dimensions of the display being printed. What
do you see?
-Gerry