Re: Icons and convergence

W dniu 14.10.2015 o 12:48, Alan Bell pisze:
> I filed a bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+bug/1505970
> but I think it is a good topic of conversation as well.
>
> The icons for various applications on the phone have been updated
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+bug/1457424
> they are all square icons, without using transparency, and universally
> look wrong on the Unity desktop in the dash and alt-tab switcher and on
> the launcher.
>
> With Unity 8 for the desktop is this the expectation of what icons will
> look like going forward? On the phone these square icons are rendered
> oversize then cropped to an ubuntu shape (a roundrect), will this mess
> up all the existing desktop icons or work well with them?

I can't say if this is set in stone, or when it's going to happen, but
we're likely to require the icons to be pre-shaped when uploading them
to the store (and/or shape them on upload). They will then look better
on desktop. As for legacy desktop icons, we'll need to have that
discussion sooner rather than later.

--
Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Ltd.