Re: Suggestion about translations / additional small release for strings after OTA

Hey Krzysztof,

W dniu 22.10.2015 o 09:11, Krzysztof Tataradziński pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working everyday as hard as I can translating strings into Polish. But
> very often when new OTA is released, there are some texts to be
> corrected. Sometimes because of our mistake and sometimes that we do not
> know how environment of the text looks like, is it a button, etc.
> For now, when we found some error with OS, we must wait for next OTA and
> live with that 4-8 weeks.
> Is there a possibility to add some small updates for translations only
> after OTA (maybe 3-5 days after OTA)?

Really happy to see our community has such faithful translators. Keep up
the good work!

I can understand the problems with our current release process, as we
wouldn't want to encourage translators to have to use the rc-proposed
channel on their everyday phones to properly test the new strings. I
suppose we could consider the idea of post-OTA updates for translations,
but please be aware that every update carries a risk of regressions
(even in such case) and we would need to have enough QA resources to
test the image proper.

That being said, we will think about this problem (along with your
proposition) and try to come up with a solution.

> Best regards,
> Krzysztof Tataradziński
> https://launchpad.net/~ktatar156

Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak