DocViewer (powered by LibreOfficeKit) beta

Hey everyone,

Thanks to the sterling work of Stefano, Roman and Bjoern I have
something super to share. We've integrated LibreOfficekit 5.0.3 into
DocViewer, so you can now view common office documents directly on
your Ubuntu device.

This is what it currently looks like:-

http://people.canonical.com/~alan/screenshots/device-2015-11-06-090544.png
http://people.canonical.com/~alan/screenshots/device-2015-11-06-090559.png
http://people.canonical.com/~alan/screenshots/device-2015-11-06-090617.png
http://people.canonical.com/~alan/screenshots/device-2015-11-06-090632.png
http://people.canonical.com/~alan/screenshots/device-2015-11-06-090647.png

It's not ready for prime time so we haven't uploaded it to the store
yet. It's very much a preliminary 'beta' but we wanted to share it to
get wider testing among our technical audience (that's you and your
device-owning friends who may not be on this list).

Set your expectations accordingly!

This can open LibreOffice (and ye olde legacy formats like Microsoft
Office) documents, sheets and presentations for viewing. The user
interface around displaying / zooming / page flipping and the full
screen experience are under development. (These things may happen
faster if you get involved in development of the app :D). Just drop
your office docs in /home/phablet/Documents and they should show up in
the app.

I've put the click package, installation details and some notes and
known issues in the readme linked below.  Have fun, and send your
appreciation to Stefano, Roman and Bjoern!

http://people.canonical.com/~alan/docviewer/readme.txt

Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy