Copying Text and phone app

Has anyone else found they can no longer select text in the Web app,  for copying and pasting?  Is this a known defect?
This becomes a hindrance when trying to copy phone numbers from the Web.
It would be great if the phone could identify numbers and auto populate the call app with the number,  when selecting it on the Web page. Also allowing you to add Web numbers to your contacts.
Also,
The phone app it self is very cumbersome to use.  If I select a name in my contacts,  it populates the phone app with the phone number.  This means additional steps are required to call the person.  Most phones allow you to call directly from the contacts,  without the required step of pushing the green phone button.
Thanks
Peter
--
Sent from my Ubuntu desktop