Re: Telegram

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:57:17 +0100
Michal Karnicki <michal.karnicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Going back to the bug, which Matthias has filed a while ago,
we have reviewed it and I'm glad to say we found a middle
ground. To avoid everyone having to open the site, I will
simply re-state the comment here:

Hi all,

In a private conversation with Matthias I said I hoped we
would revisit this matter when Telegram 2.x was out. Now that
it happened, and this bug report has been brought again to my
attention, we have reviewed it. We have a solution that I
believe would satisfy the requirements set by the bug
description.

The proposed solution is the following:
The application may provide a setting to turn off "send
message read notifications for received messages". The user
who chooses to do that will in turn not see "message read
notifications for sent messages". I think it is fair and that
is a solution we are happy to go ahead with.

While we will do our best to continue maintaining and
hopefully growing Telegram for Ubuntu, we are currently short
on cycles. Therefore, we would be more than happy to accept a
merge proposal with this feature, we simply can't commit to it
at the moment as there are more higher priority bugs right
now. But I am changing the bug status from "Won't fix" right
now.

Have a great day,
karni

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/telegram-app/+bug/1521391
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/telegram-app/+bug/1475915

Hi Michal,

This is really good news that you will make this what Telegam calls a "feature" to be able to switched off by the user. It will make me return to use the app. Do you have any idea of the time when it will happen. And I would be happy to test it as I have two devices BQ E4.5. Thanks

matthias

--
Sent from my Ubuntu phone
http://www.unixarea.de/