Re: Meizu MX4 OTA-8 - Terminal impossible to hide the keyboard and scroll terminal page

You're welcome, Marco. ;)
Let's hope something will happen here either from the Canonical side or
from the community side.

If anybody from the community is willing to create a mockup for how a small
tip/tutorial for this could look, it would perfectly do what we want as
well! So if you're a community member with some design background, I'd love
to hear your ideas and/or see your mockups regarding this. :)

Cheers,
Niklas

Am Freitag, 18. Dezember 2015 schrieb Marco Graziotti :
> Thank you Niklas for your answer.
> I will subscribe and comment the bug report.
>
> Cheers,
> Marco
>
> Il 18/12/2015 10:29, Niklas Wenzel ha scritto:
>
> Hi Marco,
> I fully agree here!
> I filed a bug to get feedback from the design team on this back in June
(!), directly after we implemented the two finger scroll gesture, and
although I have asked multiple times I have never got a reply. Indeed, I
would have been willing to implement this short tutorial six months back,
but haven't got the support needed from the design team, so the bug report
is still out there. In meantime, I've given up any hope to get some help on
this. Sad but true...
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1464316
graziottimarco@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Oliver, thank you for your reply. I think it's necessary to add a tips
at the first terminal run that advise the user about the available
gestures. I tried several times to hide the keyboard or scroll, without
success, so I think it's necessary a tips message, because at this state
it's not intuitive how to do this. What do you think? it's possible to
implement this features. Thank you, Marco Il 16/12/2015 20:53, Oliver
Grawert ha scritto:

> hi, Am Mittwoch, den 16.12.2015, 20:41 +0100 schrieb Royden Yates:
>
> On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 20:11:35 CET, Marco Graziotti wrote:
>
> Hi list, I saw that when you run a terminal on MX4, you can't hide the
keyboard and you can't scroll the terminal page. Can it be considered a
bug? Thank you, Marco

> +1 for the scroll back issue. For the keyboard, you should be able to
pull it down with a down-stroke.

> hmm, there is no change in behaviour for me in the terminal app,
scrolling works as usual (with two fingers) ... hiding the keyboard by
swiping down from anywhere in the keyboard area works too .. ciao oli