Re: Compatibility issues

Could not agree more
but at least you know there is a solution, not perfect but good if you kill the screen like i did!

Wayne

On 22/12/15 22:25, Gareth France wrote:
On 22/12/15 22:19, Wayne Ward wrote:
your talking to the right person we cracked one to
the standard android screen fits as on this link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/for-BQ-Aquaris-E4-5-Black-LCD-Display-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-IPS5K0631FPC-A3-E-/151865385680?hash=item235be1e2d0:g:31kAAOSwYHxWMJcD
its quite a job getting the old one out about 20/30 mins
it has the android icons on the bottom that do not work but still works perfectly otherwise BQ require about 80 - 100 euro to do this with no guarantee so might as well buy a new one if you dont replace yourself :)

Wayne
Luckily I only have a crack across the bottom of the glass, the area where the android buttons are. It doesn't affect use at all but it's damned annoying. I may buy a new digitizer and put it aside for when the screen inevitably gets a crack across the usable area.

Rather irritating they don't sell the correct one for a reasonable price, it can't be costing them that much more to make them with no markings on, surely?