Re: [Development] Cordova sed error while trying to build for 15.04

On 05-01-16 17:19, David Barth wrote:

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Ferdinand Holzner <ferdinandholzner@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ferdinandholzner@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi David,

    thank you very much.

    Not sure how to install cordova-lib 6.0, but I've added the
    cordova-ubuntu from git to my project and now it's working.
    Finally i see the nice little cordova logo on my phone. :D

Cool ! Keep us posted on your Twitter app.

    Just one thing i noticed: The icon setting in defaults.xml points
    to "www/icon/logo.png", which is wrong. With this path the "www"
    is doubled as an end result. It should actually be
    "icon/logo.png". Everything else is working so far. Let's see if i
    get the twitter app working. :)

This is cleared once cordova-lib gets the update that makes everything relative to the project root, not the www directory anymore.

Thanks David! I had the same issue early December, but now it works!

Here is a summary of my experience with cordova installation:

 * installing cordova-cli via the ppa
   (https://launchpad.net/~cordova-ubuntu/+archive/ubuntu/ppa/+packages) does
   not work on Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) since there is no updated package
   available. I used 'sudo npm install -g cordova' to install
   cordova-cli version 5.4.0
 * To install cordova-lib@6.0.0-dev you have to use npm with
   https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli I think, but I did not try that.
 * This also works (is a mirror): cordova platform add
   https://github.com/apache/cordova-ubuntu
 * When adding the platform, there is the icon error. I remove www from
   the icon tag at platforms/ubuntu/cordova/defaults.xml and then
   'cordova -d build ubuntu --device -- --framework ubuntu-sdk-15.04
   --verbose'
 * I did not manage to build with the 15.10 SDK