Re: Resizing rootfs

On 12/01/16 11:18, Bry Wilson wrote:

> I remember some time back that there was mention of possible resizing
> of the rootfs in the future - is there any update on this? I only have
> 146 MB of my rootfs (/dev/loop0) available but 8GB of my userdata
> (/dev/mmcblk0p23) remaining - it would be great to resize that rootfs
> (possibly as an extra parameter in the ubuntu-device-flash script!) to
> avail of all that /userdata space.

Bry,

it is probably too clunky for your use case, but I've used a chroot on
the user partition to install stuff (e.g.
http://accu.org/index.php/journals/2158).

I've not looked into it but maybe for your case you could use an
unprivileged LXC container to install TeX Live - I'd be interested to
know how well that works.

Alan

--
Alan Griffiths  +44 (0)798 9938 758