      From: Alan Griffiths <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 12:52
 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Resizing rootfs

 On 12/01/16 11:18, Bry Wilson wrote:

  I remember some time back that there was mention of possible resizing of the rootfs in the future - is there any update on this? I only have 146 MB of my rootfs (/dev/loop0) available but 8GB of my userdata (/dev/mmcblk0p23) remaining - it would be great to resize that rootfs (possibly as an extra parameter in the  ubuntu-device-flash script!) to avail of all that /userdata space.

 Bry,

 it is probably too clunky for your use case, but I've used a chroot on the user partition to install stuff (e.g. http://accu.org/index.php/journals/2158).

 I've not looked into it but maybe for your case you could use an unprivileged LXC container to install TeX Live - I'd be interested to know how well that works.

 Alan
 --
Alan Griffiths  +44 (0)798 9938 758
Octopull Ltd    http://www.octopull.co.uk/