Re: Bluetooth

Hello,
Both devices are using their images already pre-installed. Both were updated to OTA-8.5MX4 was updated when all OTA's were available, while the BQ has gone from OTA-4 to 8.5. That shouldn't make any real difference, as the image would be the same.
I'm pretty sure the device within the car has no issues, as I've had a number of phone connect and made call without any issues.
I'll run another test and provide an update.I can obtain the log files if required, after the test.
Thanks

    On Wednesday, 20 January 2016, 16:08, Tony Espy <espy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 On 01/20/2016 10:52 AM, Peter Spiers wrote:
> Indeed.
> The phone does not reconnect as the phone's Bluetooth becomes disabled.
> The odd thing is, if I got to settings and switch the toggle to on, it
> will toggle as on. No sooner I come out of settings and go back in. The
> toggle is shown as off.

OK, this sounds like the bluetooth service is crashing.  Please check
for .crash files in /var/crash as previously mentioned.

> The MX4 had no issues with hands free within the car and that was on the
> same release.

You didn't include the software details of either device, so it's hard
to compare.

We're actually close to releasing OTA9, which includes a major update to
the Bluetooth sub-system used on the phone.

Are you running a standard image, or an image from rc-proposed?

> If other people are now reporting similar problems, I would suspect some
> software defect for BQ device's build?

There are details still missing, so it's too early to jump to conclusions.

> I'll test again and log a bug report for it.

OK, thanks!

Regards,
/tony