Re: GPS

On 28/01/2016 16:30, Felipe De La Puente wrote:
> One question:  Why is it needed to have wifi On to have assisted GPS?

Because currently the Nokia HERE service which provides us the AGPS
feature receives the list of available access points and only the
cellular tower that you are connected to (while, ideally, it should get
the list of all visible cellular towers). With a single cell tower
triangulation is impossible, so we have to rely on the list of visible
WIFI APs (which can only be retrieved if WIFI is on -- not necessarily
connected, but at least scanning).

Note that I haven't access to the Nokia HERE implementation (it's a
closed binary), so how it actually works is just based on my speculations.

Ciao,
  Alberto