Re: cannot open a document from gmail webapp

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Paolo Roascio <paolo.roascio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today i received a mail notification for a message with an attached pdf
> file.
>
> In the gmail webapp i tapped on the attachment link and the phone shown me
> the document viewer icon. Tapped on it and after few seconds a new windows
> "download complete" asked me if i want to open the document.
>
> when i tap on the open button document viewer starts with the message that
> no documents are found.
>
> I can see that in /home/phablet/.cache.com.ubuntu.docviewer/HubIncoming/
> there are a lot of directories (5,6,7,8,9,10,...) with the same document,
> but document viewer tell me to drag documents in the documents folder.
>
> Is this a known bug (which component)? Or my setup is broken?
>
> Thank you

Just tested on my phone running the latest rc-proposed image, and that
works as expected (i.e. after downloading, I tap the "open" button,
and the document is open in the doc viewer app).

Can you check what the relevant ubuntu-download-manager log file says?
It should be located at
/home/phablet/.cache/ubuntu-download-manager/.logYYYYMMDD-HHMMSS.PID,
where YYYYMMDD is the date of the download, HHMMSS the time, and PID
is a number that indicates the process id.

In my case, the contents of the log file are:

Log file created at: 2016/02/11 08:46:09
Running on machine: ubuntu-phablet
Log line format: [IWEF]mmdd hh:mm:ss.uuuuuu threadid file:line] msg
W0211 08:46:09.920302  3469 filename_mutex.cpp:85] Tried to remove
filename ' /home/phablet/.cache/com.ubuntu.docviewer/HubIncoming/1/example.pdf'
when it was not owned by any object.

HTH,

 Olivier