Re: Automatically synchronize data between devices

Doing a web search with a popular search engine I found this:
(published 7 months ago)

<quote>
Canonical are in talks with big services like Whatsapp, Dropbox to
help integrate these services within the system rather than with
dedicated apps. This reduces the porting costs in bringing these
services to UT.

As far as syncing services are concerned, Canonical has no intention
of reviving Ubuntu One to allow for photo syncing across devices but
rather using 3rd party services like Dropbox, OwnCloud become the OS's
default backup service. That's the type of conversation that they are
having right now.
</quote>
Sources: http://nik90.com/ubuntu-insiders-hangout-june-2015/
(English), https://www.bitblokes.de/2015/06/whatsapp-und-dropbox-sollen-anscheinend-in-ubuntu-touch-integriert-werden/
(German)

This translates to: OwnCloud is planned to be the default backup
service, Dropbox may be the primary commercial cloud service partner
(with integration out-of-the-box, shipped via OTA probably).

The latest information on development of an OwnCloud client
specifically for Ubuntu Touch is from November last year:
- https://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/devel/2014-November/000704.html

The last commit von Launchpad also seems to be from November 23 last year:
- https://code.launchpad.net/owncloud-app

I copy Daniel Holm on this conversation, maybe he can give us a current status?

Peter