Re: How to add an extra "account"

Thanks for the reply.

That bug already exists, https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1199774
I basically suggest trying to fix this myself, but some pointers where to start would be very useful.

Kind regards,
Joachim

On 02/17/2016 11:41 AM, Peter Bittner wrote:
Hi Joachim,

are you referring to something you add via the right upper menu (3
dashes) > Calendar in the Calendar app? Allowing to add an arbitrary
CalDav data source sync with the phone? - That would be great.

Because I'm not seeing immediate responses I suggest you create a bug
report (feature request) in the Calendar App bug tracker first [1] to
make sure this gets attention of Canonical and the responses are
collected in a single place where we can track progress. Looking into
the calendar app's source code [2] could be the next helpful step.

Sorry that I can't be of more help for the moment. As I'm interested
in a working, awesome calendar I want to make sure your motivation
doesn't vanish just because responses are not what you expect to carry
you further. If no-one (more appropriate and knowledgeable than me) is
ready to help you find necessary details I'm ready to explore this
further with you.

Peter

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-calendar-app
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu-calendar-app

I have a working conr job which syncs using syncevolution.
I would be interested in writing whatever is necessary to make it possible
to configure this for normal people, using screens.

Thanks for the help,
Joachim