Re: Adjusting camera settings in a Web app

Mat,

> There are supposed to be separate permissions for “Camera”,
> “Microphone”, and “Video recording”. “Video recording” includes the
> microphone, because making them separate would be pointless.
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityPermissions#permissions>

The "camera" permission is obviously what you refer to as "Video
recording" in the table of the the App permissions section of the Wiki
article you refer to. Because there is no (or seems to be no)
"video_recording" permission on [2]. Also, the camera app doesn't list
any other relevant permission than "camera" in its source code [5]. Or
is there something missing in the docs?

Experimenting I've even tried to add (almost) all permission to the
web app's .apparmour file (e.g. [6]), but to no avail. Who can tell
whether we face a bug in the `webapp-container` (or somewhere else) or
why there is no trust-store dialog popping up for "camera" in a web
app?

Peter

[2] https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/platform/guides/app-confinement/#Usage-1
[5] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/camera-app/trunk/view/head:/camera.apparmor