Re: Adjusting camera settings in a Web app

Oli,

> a missing apparmor block is one thing, but apps that can access
> hardware without you knowing by prompting at the first access is
> definitely a critical bug.

No, there is no prompt for microphone access in the web app. In the
plain browser there is a prompt which says, "Allow this domain access
the camera and microphone" (the final part even cut off in the German
translation). BTW, is this a joint permission, or is this request
combined "manually" in a single dialog for UX reasons?

Looks like this is really a (security) bug, because even the plain web
browser can access the microphone when you deny the permission to
access camera and microphone. You can try at e.g.
https://appear.in/test-drive on your Ubuntu phone. I've reported it at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+bug/1553482

Okay, that's one thing. Now, what about the web app? How can I make
the permission dialog pop up in the web app?

Peter