Re: uNav status

Hi there! :)

I'll tell you a few tricks from my experience developing uNav. I assure you
that uNav is working as it should be.
I hope this will be useful for more users. This will apply to any GPS app
too:

   - First: Each position in uNav is from the device.
   - uNav will not start a navigation until you get a good accuracy for
   driving.
   - Check your system configurations:

   - https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/site_media/appmedia/2016/03/x.png
   - https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/site_media/appmedia/2016/03/y.png
   - https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/site_media/appmedia/2016/03/z_1.png

   - If you don't reboot the phone in a few days, sometimes the GPS device
   is not returning positions to uNav, then it will wait for a GPS signal
   forever. How to get positions again? Sadly, reboot the phone for a fresh
   environment.
   - Use WiFi enabled and not connected to a network: This will enable the
   AGPS feature and you will get a position in seconds (sadly with 5 seconds
   between positions). If you don't enable the WiFi, you will have to wait for
   a real GPS position, this could take a few minutes. If you are using AGPS
   it will try GPS ASAP it has a good GPS signal.
   - Don't use 2 GPS apps at the same time. The GPS will not work for booth
   of them.

Then, my advise today is this: Enable WiFi (not connected), reboot phone
and try uNav. It should work. If not, please, fill a bug in
bugs.launchpad.net/unav ;)

A hug!

Follow ups