Re: Simple backup script "buds"

El día Wednesday, March 30, 2016 a las 02:40:13PM +0100, Alan Pope escribió:

> On 30 March 2016 at 14:18, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > - the script should somehow work with 'sudo' in the E4.5 because it
> >   can't pull out files owned by root below ~phablet (for example a
> >   chroot file system) as user phablet;

Hi Alan,

Re/ this last topic I came up with the following solution; run on the
host the following command (with your IP and XXXXX the pw for sudo):

$ ssh phablet@10.42.0.1 "echo XXXXXX | sudo -S --prompt='' tar czf - ."  > phablet.tgz

$ ls -lh phablet.tgz
-rw-r--r--  1 guru  wheel   1,5G mar.  31 08:15 phablet.tgz
$ tar tzf phablet.tgz | wc -l
   73558

the advantages are:

1) the data goes compressed over the network;
2) no further interaction for the password;

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045