Re: ubuntu one

Not everyone wants to maintain their own server. The part of ownCloud
which is problematic as a general solution is the "own" part. Google,
Dropbox, iCloud, etc… do not provide compatibility with owncloud, so
while it theoretically allows some of us to have some level of sync, it
doesn't solve all the problems, and doesn't enable things for all.

Note of course, that Google contacts/calendar sync is already on the
phone, and has been for a very long time now, so if Google is an
acceptable place for storing those things, it can be used (with some
small caveats, as it seems only default contacts/calendar are synced,
so alternate/subscribed calendars on Google don't get seem to be
exposed).