ubuntu one

I just read a post before about the sync stuff
I agree that the system should now have a cloud sync option without the
messing about with rsync and messy owncloud etc
why did they drop ubuntu one?
it worked for one and people like me are prepared to pay for space...
like other platforms you should be able to log in and sync
data
music
calendars
contacts
bookmarks
tasks
app data

including back up if required..

people get 2 gig free and of course they need more so pay a small fee
for more space...
if we cant have ubuntu one why not get a small team integrating sync
options ie owncloud and google cloud services as it seems to me a lot
of people are asking how to do this and its messy?... is it on the list
of things to do or waiting for people to develop this? as i think you
now have tablet / server / phone / computer desktop / laptop desktop
and no sync between these - i think in todays way of mobile and
computing this is part and parcel of every platform

thoughts please?

Wayne Ward

Follow ups