ubuntu-phone team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
What’s new in webbrowser-app in OTA-10 ?
With the release of OTA-10 just around the corner, I figured I’d take
a few minutes to publish a list of the most significant changes in the
browser app since OTA-9 (Łukasz feel free to re-use for the release
- Touch selection controller to allow selecting/copying/pasting of web content.
- The browser is now a single-instance app on desktop: invoking it in
a terminal with a URL will raise the existing window and open a new
tab instead of launching another instance of the app.
- When a mouse is connected, turn the bottom edge hint into a
clickable bottom edge bar.
- Added keyboard navigation support to all views in phone layout.
- Added video-specific actions to the contextual menu (save video,
and open video in new tab).
- Removed the "Allow opening new tabs in background" setting.
- React to low memory situations by unloading background tabs to
(hopefully) free up some memory. This removes the hardcoded upper
limit of 2 live webviews at any given time on devices.
And a heap of bug fixes.
Anyone interested in details, have a look at the bzr history for
lp:webbrowser-app, revisions 1328 to 1390.
Happy web browsing!