Re: ubuntu one

If it were up to me, I would just get syncthing working on the phone
(there's an app but it's just a prrof of concept) and then relaunch U1
as a branded front end that uses syncthing behind the scenes.

Canonical could then charge people by the MB to store things on a cloud.

Then you could specifiy which folders would be synchronised, thus
dodging the using up too much space issue (you could also have a
setting to only use wifi if you're worried about eating data all the
time).

Other than the upfront cost involved in writing the UI, the app and
contributing a few bits and bobs to syncthing if necessary, the
company wouldn't need to do anything else.

Of course, I'm not a business guy and it's most likely that I'm
totally wrong and it would involve a lot more work than that.

DISCLAIMER: I really like syncthing :-P