Re: Owncloud, U1 and CardDav/CalDav: Fresh Thread for Dummies

Hello,

I've been trying desperately to keep up on the exciting stuff that's
happening with Owncloud and Ubuntu One and cardDav/Caldav discussion in
this list.  However, I'm just not technical enough to fully understand.
 I wanted to start this thread so that someone technical involved in
this might be able to update a guy like me.

First, if you could confirm my understanding so far:

1. Ubuntu one: perhaps not the best option for now because...

2. Owncloud essentially takes care of everything that U1 can do and more
and has active community development

3. Owncloud client: it seems as though some folks have 'nearly
completed' an owncloud client?

4. CardDav/CalDav: is currently still not supported on the phone?

5. Community feature request/voting system: Joseph Liau mentioned a
community voting/feature request idea associated with this list.  This
was just an idea or it's somewhere online that I cannot find?

Unfortunately, I'm one of the people who had to flash back to a
different phone because of no calendar sync.  So I'm currently sitting
on the sidelines praying that I can come back to the good team.  Every
other device I have is ubuntu but the most important one for my
day-to-day is sitting here with stinky residue of nasty Google.

I'm trying my best to remain technical and help, but it's hard because
of daily demands.

I'm here and ready to help but it seems like the Community discussion
voting thing is the best way that I could help you all.

Let me know how I can help because I really want to see this thing in my
pocket again before the summer...

Thanks for all your hard work everyone and if I can help, let me know how.

--
Wayne Taylor