Re: [Design]: Color changes in OTA 10

Hi,

This is Rae from the design team. I understand the new palette may take
some getting used to. But what we've tried to do is create a colour palette
that works in a smarter way and is more robust. If you haven't seen it
already, here is a breakdown of how the new palette works:
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/apps/qml/tutorials/ubuntu-ui-toolkit-palette/

As for your concerns about components being blue rather than orange, the
reason why we have removed a lot of orange from the UI is that we now want
it to be a focus state and blue is meant to be the selected/active state.
Before we had orange doing both these functions and each colour should have
it's own meaning. And we feel the blue works better for the selected/active
state as it feels more intuitive as a colour representing activity, while
orange could sometimes be confusing as what it's supposed to represent. So
basically, we've tried to make all our colours semantic.  While orange is
still our brand colour, we want to use it in a more concise way, while
other colours take on more meaning in the UI, and hopefully, this will make
it a lot more intuitive for the user.