Re: small suggestions for uNav

El día Saturday, April 09, 2016 a las 08:45:08PM +0000, Nekhelesh Ramananthan escribió:

> > 1) While moving the app wrote a red line of the movement over the map,
> > nice to see where one have already been when lost and walking to find
> > some place :-)
> >

> This seems like a nice idea. Can you report a bug on launchpad so that we
> can track this request. In the future, please considering reporting bugs in
> launchpad rather than in mailing list as they tend to get lost.

I will do it in LP in any case. With that mail I only wanted to get
feedback before.

> > 2) When in movement, the app showed the speed with big red numbers in
> > the left upper corner of the screen.
> >

> What is the motivation for showing the speed? There is a option to show the
> speed in uNav. But it is not shown prominently as you suggest since we
> don't see the importance of speed over other information.

When you are, for example in public transport, it is nice/good to see
the speed of the train/....

> > 3) A part of the + and - to change the zoom level, the number of the
> > actual OSM zoom level was displayed.
> >

> Again what is the motivation for this? How does it help showing whether you
> are zoomed in 150% or 200%? As a user, you are more concerned about the
> detail shown in the map. If you want more detail, you zoom in further.

You did not get me. OSM zoom levels are from 7 to 19. And it is good to
know at which level you are at the moment.

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Bundeswehr: Wir.Dienen.Deutschland. - Wir.Machen.Krieg.  (We.Serve.Germany. - We.Make.War.)