Re: ANN: CI Train dual-landings now targeting vivid-overlay and xenial-overlay

On Apr 11, 2016 1:33 PM, "Stephen M. Webb" <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 16-04-11 04:08 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak wrote:
> >
> > With xenial nearing Final Freeze (this week), we will be shortly
> > switching dual landings to target the stable-phone-overlay PPA for both
> > the xenial and vivid part in the CI Train. Robert has the branch ready
> > and will be deploying it in the nearest time.
> > Along with this we'll also be enabling the landing-team-changes+1 [1]
> > mailing-list for xenial-overlay landings.
>
> How does this work with the Y archives not yet opened?

As of now, when a dual silo is published, both the xenial and vivid
packages are copied into the overlay PPA. Once y series is opened then we
will manually copy xenial overlay packages into y.

If you are working on a silo that really does need to be released to real
xenial archive, you can either use a xenial-only silo, or find a core dev
and ask them nicely to copy your xenial packages from your dual silo to
xenial-proposed for you.