Re: MX4 + adb

On 2016-04-12 24:27 , Dave Morley wrote:
> iirc you will just require https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ for
> macs to transfer via mtp.

I just tried that.  It just says "No Android device found".  But then I
tried rebooting the Mac, and then when I plugged in the MX4 it briefly
looked like it was doing something and showed a window.  Then it said it
had a problem communicating with the phone or something and just quit.
I didn't think to take notes or screenshots.  But it looks very similar
to what I see on the Raspberry Pi: works briefly after rebooting the
host, but not enough to get anything done.

I believe this proves that my computers' USB ports and cables are fine,
and so is the device's USB hardware.  The weak link really seems to be
the design of the MX4 itself.

My ZTE never shows up in Android File Transfer at all, but I can use it
perfectly fine in Android Studio, view logs, install and run apps.  It's
running Android 4.0.4, maybe that's before MTP was introduced?