Re: Gmail notifications

The filter does not allow me to send email to SPAM, so I temporarily redirected them to the bin. Let's see what happens.

Francisco

On 12-04-2016 14:33, Bill Filler wrote:

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 6:42 AM, Francisco Pina Martins <f.pinamartins@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:f.pinamartins@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Thanks again for another suggestion.

    Unfortunately, after applying the filers as suggested (actually
    they are the same I apply in Thunderbird for the same email account).
    The emails do skip the inbox in gmail, and go straight to the
    correct label. They still show up in the "categories inboxes" too.
    But I'm still getting notified on the phone. Does no one else have
    this issue?

    Thanks again for any further help,

    Francisco

Hmn, not sure what is happening. As an experiment, can you try changing your filter to move the unwanted messages into Spam folder, bypassing Inbox. Perhaps by moving into Categories->Social, etc gmail still thinks they are part of Inbox for some reason?

This is the query we run in account-polld, you can run the same thing directly in gmail webpage to test your results:

is:unread in:inbox newer_than:1d

Whatever shows up in gmail when you run this query is what you will get notifications for in ubuntu phone