Re: Gmail notifications

Ok, time to dig deeper, I guess.

Here's what I have found. Let's use only the emails from this list for simplicity's sake. The moment I receive an email from ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I get a notification on the phone. This is happening despite both the filters and the "hide" bits are set for "categories".

If I receive the notifications on my phone, and then go to gmail web interface, when I run the same query as account-polld, all the messeges from the list show up (ergo, the web interface is providing me the same results as the phone notifications), furthermore, those messages get labelled "Inbox", despite an active filter that specifically says "skip inbox".

The moment I start Thunderbird (which uses IMAP for this gmal account), the query in the gmail web interface stops returning any results (including messages that are not relabeled anything, such as emails from my family), despite the fact that all of these messages are still unopened and marked "unread" in Thunderbird.

Could this be related to the IMAP usage? I would expect more people affected.
I am now going to try the SPAM filter and see what happens.

Should I open a bug report in launchpad?

Thanks,

Francisco