Re: Very new to Ubuntu phone ...

On 15/04/16 12:56, Michael Zanetti wrote:
I've installed the file manager app.  The version on the Ubuntu store
doesn't work at all.  I got the qml source code to see what it is
supposed to do, and the app doesn't show anything on the screen like it
should.  It simply exits without doing anything.  I get no error
messages or anything else.
Ok, doesn't stop being strange.
Hi again .... I managed to get the SDK and compile the file manager. It works perfectly. How do I do a bug report to say the one in the app store is broken? I've only ever done bug reports for Ubuntu desktop so far. As I still haven't got a terminal, until I manage to compile one, I can't yet do anything like 'ubuntu-bug file-manager'

Anyhow, thanks for your help. Signing in to the developer options has given me a whole lot more useful access. At last, I'm able to do some of the stuff I want to do. Once I get a terminal up and running, I'll be able to use the system the way I want to.

Kind regards,        Barry.
-- http://barrydrake.co.nr/