Re: Very new to Ubuntu phone ...

On 16.04.2016 11:30, Barry Drake wrote:
> On 15/04/16 12:56, Michael Zanetti wrote:
>>> I've installed the file manager app.  The version on the Ubuntu store
>>> doesn't work at all.  I got the qml source code to see what it is
>>> supposed to do, and the app doesn't show anything on the screen like it
>>> should.  It simply exits without doing anything.  I get no error
>>> messages or anything else.
>> Ok, doesn't stop being strange.
> Hi again ....  I managed to get the SDK and compile the file manager.
> It works perfectly.  How do I do a bug report to say the one in the app
> store is broken?  I've only ever done bug reports for Ubuntu desktop so
> far.  As I still haven't got a terminal, until I manage to compile one,
> I can't yet do anything like 'ubuntu-bug file-manager'

Well, yeah, reporting a bug on launchapd would be ok. But as I and
others have said earlier, it really works fine for all of us. Can you
please explain here how it fails? Does it install or not? If yes, does
it just fail to start?

At this point I'm not really sure if the issue you are facing is really
the terminal/filemanager app. Sounds more like a store problem.