Re: Owncloud Sync - How do you eat yours?

On 22-04-16 08:51, Daniel Wood wrote:

I would like to get an idea of how people use owncloud so I can try and cater for most use cases from the start.

When do you sync?
What do you sync?

Hi Dan,
I've given it some thought.

1. I would like to instant sync my videos and photos folders, so once I take a shot, it's sent. Both over Wifi and 3G (but i want to be able to disable either in the settings, for example when abroad).

2. Contacts and Calendar are, of course, a given.

3. If the app can fetch my owncloud online folder list and let me choose which folders to sync. But on default, sync nothing from the cloud (minimize risk of filling SD).

4. A huge extra would be the ability to control Owncloud file share from the app;
e.g.
I take a vid of my son's show at school, it's a 100 Mbit file, phone uploads it automagically to my /photosync folder in the cloud.
Now I want to send it to my mom.
Normally I would have to open the OC web gui, choose file and share. Web gui is slow and not small screen friendly, so I would probably postpone till I forget.

Now if your app lets me choose the file from the list, long press it (or something) and choose share link, sends the command to the Ownclouad, then clipboards the link for me (URL and pw) so I can paste it in an email or chat or SMS with mom...
Wouldn't that be useful?

For example, from the phone I am mostly interested in backing up Photos, downloads and documents. These don't need to be instant so I could sync at night while the device is charging and on wifi.
I'm really excited about the progress in OC sync and your app, but I want to keep my phone as vanilla as possible so no rw and such. Do I need to wait till it gets to the market, or can I get some sort of install file a-la-apk?

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks man, you rock!

Eran