Fwd: Xenial for Ubuntu Phone?

meant to send to the list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pat McGowan <pat.mcgowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Xenial for Ubuntu Phone?
To: Filip Dorosz <filip.dorosz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

No, the move to Xenial will not include a transition to Snappy, this is a
longer term work effort which we are also actively planning. We are working
with the snappy team on issues unique to ubuntu-personal (which will be the
basis for the phone) which are a superset of the problem space compared to
ubuntu-core.

As Lukasz mentioned going to Xenial requires us to have a well thought
through migration path for apps/scopes and we will communicate much more on
this and work with developers as the plans get finalized.

Cheers
Pat