Landing team 20.05.16

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the missed yesterday e-mail. We were doing a mass copy of
xenial-overlay to yakkety for all our touch packages (as part of
triple-landing enablement) and there was simply not enough time for a
status update. Not much movement in the landing world yesterday anyway.

Today was a bit different though. We had a few interesting releases,
with a new upstream sync of ust to fix a shell hang-up, new
webbrowser-app with multiple fixes (one of which is the bug re-load of
the first tab after restoring the session), a new wpa and aethercast
with wireless display fixes, new libertine (crasher and bug fixes,
update to Ubuntu Components 1.3) and a big bugfix release for UITK. Nice
to see things moving forward.

As for OTA-11, all previous blockers have been fixed and a new candidate
built. Sadly another ship-blocker appeared - a regression in
frieza/cooler causing location-service to crash on start [1]: the fix
for that is in the works. Besides that we seem to be good so far.

For those using the not-recommended nightly channels (i.e. *-proposed):
don't be surprised if there are some delays in when new images are
available. We noticed cdimage failing to finalize new rootfs builds due
to transient network errors (503) which require us to manually re-run
the builds afterwards. We did not have this before, investigation is in
progress.

Have a nice weekend!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#339 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/339.commitlog

#333 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/333.commitlog

#331 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/331.commitlog

#110 rc-proposed/frieza
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris-pd.en/frieza/110.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes+1/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** [Frieza] Location service fails to start cleanly, entering restart
loop - service crashes on start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1573168

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150
 -> Worked-around by reverting lxc in xenial and yakkety

* Issues in need of attention:

None.

Best regards,

--