Re: Use cell towers for faster location fix

Hi,

I totally agree, ubuntu should be using an AGPS based on open databases.
However I think it's not the case.

In any case, such an implementation needs to be at location-service level,
not app level. I haven't had time to check how complex it would be to try
to implement that from scratch and make location service use this AGPS
service instead of the one being used right now.

By the way, I just got notified that the bug related to usage of cell
towers for AGPS has changed status to "in-progress" which sounds great!

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1500039

Best Regards,
Felipe.