A week using both Android and Ubuntu on BQ

I have now had the time to spend a little time using both my E4.5 and my girlfriend's new Android equivalent. I thought I would bring up a couple of differences that spring to mind.

Mainly mobile internet. It crawls, it is patchy, it is virtually unusable on my e4.5. I put this down to my network and never thought anything of it until I realized the android version doesn't suffer like this. Is there anything currently affecting 3g/2g access in touch?

Also satnav, possibly because of the previous issue I'm finding the default satnav refuses to accept a route, it sits there for a while and then says it can't plot the route. Try it a few times and it will work. It will track you on the map but it will never get as far as giving you directions. Currently using the satnav is a frustrating dance of load, set route, close, open, set route, reboot, repeat until it works.

OsmScout simply crashes at random. Of course on android I can simply download Waze. It seems that either there is something wrong with my sim card, my replacement phone or with touch.

Follow ups