Re: A week using both Android and Ubuntu on BQ

W dniu środa, 22 czerwca 2016 <gareth.france@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):
> I have now had the time to spend a little time using both my E4.5 and my
girlfriend's new Android equivalent. I thought I would bring up a couple of
differences that spring to mind.

> Mainly mobile internet. It crawls, it is patchy, it is virtually unusable
on my e4.5. I put this down to my network and never thought anything of it
until I realized the android version doesn't suffer like this. Is there
anything currently affecting 3g/2g access in touch?

> Also satnav, possibly because of the previous issue I'm finding the
default satnav refuses to accept a route, it sits there for a while and
then says it can't plot the route. Try it a few times and it will work. It
will track you on the map but it will never get as far as giving you
directions. Currently using the satnav is a frustrating dance of load, set
route, close, open, set route, reboot, repeat until it works.

> OsmScout simply crashes at random. Of course on android I can simply
download Waze. It seems that either there is something wrong with my sim
card, my replacement phone or with touch.
Unfortunately, osmscout isn't maintained anymore. It sad, because it could
be much better than univ (offline maps and routing, streets name rotating
with map). Maybe someone want to fix GUI and random crashes it this app?