Re: Landing team 11.07.16

On 12-07-16 00:48, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
Hello everyone,

News from a few fronts today, but let's maybe start off with OTA-12:
things so far seem to look good with testing of our main devices
almost finished. We expect a new device tarball re-spin for turbo and
maybe one small custom tarball re-spin for frieza/cooler this week,
but those should not affect our schedule. If everything continues as
well as now we should be able to start phasing out the update
Wednesday next week.

As for the usual rc-proposed landings (OTA-13), today we had a new
indicator-power, a new ofono with some turbo-targeted fixes (as well
as addition of emergency numbers for the China Market), a quick
bug-fix point-release of mir (0.23.3), a new libhybris (with android
6.x BSP support and experimental arm64 enablement) and, finally, a big
upstream release of libertine with multiple bugfixes.
Landings seem to be gaining more velocity now.

Last topic for today is the general concept of our future feature
communication. We know some of you would like to know more about what
we're working on currently to be able to anticipate better what to
expect from the coming update. We will try sharing more of such
information here on the landing e-mails, but it's really hard to share
such things early as priorities and focus change rapidly. Generally
this can be seen by tracking our launchpad OTA bug milestones (for
OTA-13 this would be here [1]), where it can be seen how things we're
working on move and change. We'll try to be more transparent about our
plans, but we wouldn't want anyone to feel disappointed if a
feature/improvement gets pushed back because of various reasons.

[1] https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/13

Cheers,

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it.

I tried to check the OTA 12 and 13 milestones if the dialer pause symbol is added (for telling the dialer app to dial a number, pause and dial a string of digits), but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Searching launchpad.net didn't give a result for such a bug/feature, it could be that I'm searching the wrong terms though.

Do you, by any chance, have any knowledge about the dial-pause symbol?

Kind regards,

Eran