Re: Pokemon Go

On Fri, 2016-07-15 at 10:55 +0100, Alan Bell wrote:
> getCurrentPosition does have an option to specify a max age and
> request high accuracy
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/PositionOptions but
> I am not sure that we respect those options or just disregard them
> and hand out junk.

I was more referring to the app API, rather than the web API. But, the
web API looks like it does everything I would expect it to.

As per that documentation:

    If set to 0, it means that the device cannot use a cached position
    and must attempt to retrieve the real current position. Default: 0.

If this is not what the location service is doing, then that is
definitely a bug.

And, I would expect similar default behaviour for normal apps, such as
the Weather app.