Re: Pokemon Go

On 15/07/16 13:00, Tomas Öqvist wrote:

How much of the location problem is actually software related? I used a Bq Aquaris E4.5 for over a year and I agree that the location service was useless 99% of the time. I am now using a Pro 5, and the location service on this phone is working much better, i.e. it is usually able to get a correct location within seconds. It may require a couple of updates in the Today scope before finding the correct city, but with uNav and Here Maps it works more or less as expected.
map applications work OK for me on the BQ, I still object to having to wait for my phone (and I have to know where I am to the extent that I know the phone is wrong and I should wait a bit more) rather than it having sorted it's stuff out in the background and knowing it's rough location before I want to know where I am, but this isn't about maps applications. Those subscribe to updates and are expecting you to move, but other things that just want to know where you are right now, and location services just flings random old locations at them and then fails to wake up the GPS to have a slightly better answer to give next time it is asked.

Alan.