Re: Pokemon Go

On Jul 20, 2016 4:15 PM, "Alan Bell" <alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 15/07/16 14:56, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
>>
>> On 07/15/2016 12:41 PM, Sam Bull wrote:
>>>
>>> The first thing I'd like to see changed, is that the accuracy of
>>> the location should consider the time that has passed since that
>>> location recording. E.g. A GPS position might be 10m accuracy, but
>>> if it is 30s later, then that should give something like 100m
>>> accuracy. If it is hours or days old, then the accuracy becomes

https://code.launchpad.net/~mardy/location-service/old-location-1551686/+merge/293075

>> :-)
>>
>> Ciao,
>>    Alberto
>>
> does that actually obfuscate the position, or just lower the accuracy? So
if for example I have a strong GPS lock on the front door of my house, then
stop using maps and then go somewhere else and decide to use a location
aware service, (maybe something like pooperapp.com) is the last known
position a big circle still centered on the exact coordinates of the front
door of my house?

Right now, the MP just ages out the Position, without properly obfuscating
it. As agreed on the bug report, we will drop reporting of the last known
Position as part of the ordinary Update mechanism altogether. Instead we
will provide an explicit mechanism for last known positions, thereby
allowing us to properly handle privacy/security concerns.

  Thomas