Re: Meizu Pro5 Carrier Issues

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 5:38 AM, Seth Ciango <seth.ciango@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a Meizu MX4 and a Pro5. Both the MX4 and the Pro5 have the same APN
> configuration. The MX4 behaves great with the limited spectrum available in
> the US. The Pro5 is problematic. My SIM card works great in the MX4,
> however, when I put the same SIM card into the Pro5, it is only able to
> detect the carrier when "2G only" is selected. If I put the Pro5 in 2G/3G/4G
> mode or 2G/3G mode the carrier is unable to be detected, and I'm told "No
> Network" at the phone Dialer screen. Phone calls can still be made and
> received even though it says "No Network" and data can also be downloaded
> over the "H" 3G connection with speeds up to 7Mbps.

I'm not sure how accurate this site is, but it's claming that the MX4
hardware supports more US bands than Pro 5:

MX4: https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/48v7ir8/meizu-mx4-m461u-td-lte-32gb/united-states

Pro 5: https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/Ealeulv/meizu-pro-5-ubuntu-edition-m576-dual-sim-td-lte-32gb-meizu-niux/united-states

Namely, Pro 5 supports no US 3G bands and only single LTE band on
certain operators, while MX4 has some 3G coverage.

-Timo