Re: Should App updates be passed to the download manager?

On 2 August 2016 at 15:33, Rodney Dawes <rodney.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The downloads do happen via download manager. They just don't appear in
> the transfers indicator. I'm not entirely sure why.

​There's a setting in there set to false. /s

Good question, should it? We're about to land a huge change to the update's
panel, so now is the time.

There's nothing AFAICS in the spec [1] about it.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareUpdates#Phone​;

> However, the updates page must be opened for the update to be
> installed, as the installation there is done in the app itself, after
> the download manager finishes the download and signals the app it is
> done. If the app is closed, nothing is listening for the signal, and
> sow the install won't happen.

​I don't think that is what happens. If the UDM creates a download with a
command, from system settings's POV, the download and install is one
operation.​

BR, Jonas